Leah Patel – Class of 2025

Previous Positions

• Committee Head of Games: Community Tailgate

About Me

My name is Leah Patel.  I am a freshman in my 1st year of Leadership at Armijo.  I am excited and ready to do my part as a Leadership student.  I am taking part in the IB program and plan to join the Track and Field team in the spring.  I have also recently joined the Skate for Change club, which is a club that does community service, helping the homeless.  You will most likely find me in AG-5, doing my part to help prepare for events or in the stands during A-Team games cheering for the football team.  I take after my sister, who is the Senior Class President, ready to step up and lead.  I’m ready to help when I can!

Skills & Characteristics

In school, I am very helpful and communicative.  When in group projects, I find that I need to communicate clearly and be willing to compromise on ideas.  I am always ready to take charge and help my group in the right direction.  I am also very hard-working in class.  I strive to maintain straight A’s and a 4.0 GPA, trying my best to do well in my classes.  As a leader, important characteristics that I have learned is to be understanding and inclusive.  To be able to communicate with others and hear their ideas, allowing everyone to have a voice and say.  Having these characteristics are vital to becoming or being a good leader.

Priority

Inclusivity

The pandemic has changed a lot of our world, including school. It has stopped the normal flow of how we work and live.  Since we are back in person, I want to hear everybody’s ideas on ways we can bond and reconnect.  Listening to every voice in our school can help us come together and create a different and new “normal”.

Addressing Issues

1. Mental State – The pandemic has affected the mental state of many of us, making us forget how things used to be.  But we can help each other by creating fun activities or mini events to boost school morale and be able to get to know each other better!

My Plans/Ideas

1. Freshman Bonding – In order to work with each other better, we should take the time to get to know one another better and to be able to hang out and have fun.  Whether it be a small icebreaker or a party, we can take the time to learn about each other and the Class of 2025.
  • Leadership Freshman Remind – We do have a Google Classroom for the Class of 2025 but I think that we should have another way of contacting each other; Remind!  Most people have phones and use them frequently, so having a Leadership Freshman Remind would be useful, especially for communicating on events such as Homecoming skits.