100 years of quality and growth

College Focus – Rosemont College

Rosemont.edu

Attending Rosemont provides a quality educational experience a century later.

If you have ever gone to Pennsylvania, you probably have seen the monuments, the cool restaurants, the museums and other things about this historic state, but there may be something you missed: Rosemont College.

Rosemont College, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2021, was founded as a private women’s college by the Sisters of the Holy Child Jesus, according to Rosemont.edu.  The Sisters were interested in motivating their students to be the best version of themselves. They wanted “to meet the wants of the age,” with Cornelia Connelly being a driving force behind this college. This September 29, the Centennial Committee will be meeting over zoom on September 29 so members of the committee can discuss on how to celebrate the historic achievement, with celebrations running through June 2022 (Rosemont.edu) .

Rosemont College, a prestigious Catholic institution, was a women’s college until 2009 when it became coed. It has an excellent academic reputation and knows how to focus on developing the intellectual, spiritual, and emotional well-being of each of their students.

Some of the famous alumni include actress Linda Fiorentino, inventor Marion Donovan, socialite Patricia Kennedy Lawford, former US Representative Claudine Schneider, and political advocate Virginal Bauer.

According to usnews.com, candidates for Rosemont College need to have an SAT score between 920 and 1130 or an ACT score between 15 and 22. This college only accepts 66% of its applying students.

The annual price to attend Rosemont College on a full time basis for 2018/2019 was $36,338 for all students. This fee is broken down into several parts: $19,500 for tuition, $12,820 for room and board, $1,500 for books and supplies, and $1,000 for other expenses and fees. Out of state tuition adds another $19,500 to the cost, but many students benefit from grants, financial aid and work-study programs.

The students who attend the college have left amazing reviews, showing that even though the campus is small the possibilities are endless, from the amazing nature trails, haunted stories, amazing friendships formed, the protection of the campus, the libraries, the one to one interaction with professors to students, and many more! Rosemont College really brings out the best in every student that attends.