College and Career Club’s Upcoming Destinations

College and Career Clubs Upcoming Destinations

Semhar Teklu, College & Career Club Reporter

With the new year, College and Career Club has some exciting news! Club members will be embarking on a journey to the wonderful University of California, Berkeley, aka UCB! If you want to tag along, then come to the club meetings.

We meet in Sra. Cerda’s room, A-3, on Friday’s.

Additionally, this semester we plan on having professionals from different fields come talk the club. This is a great way of learning about different professions and careers.

Our club would like to note that there is an amazing program out there for freshman, called SMASH (Summer and Math and Science Honors) Academy. This program is focused around STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and is completely, 100% FREE.

A representative from SMASH will give a presentation on the program in the upcoming weeks.

We would also like to inform juniors that there is a very helpful college assistance aid program partnered with Stanford University called Phoenix Scholars. This program partners you up with a Stanford student who acts as you mentor. He or she will guide you through the college application process, keep you on track, and review your essays.

Last, but not least, seniors, please fill out the FAFSA. Our school is apart of this national challenge.

Our goal is to have every senior to apply to the FAFSA, so we automatically receive a $500 scholarship for our school, and have a chance to win $5,000 if we win the grand prize.

Look out for more information on the broadcast! Additionally, Assist-a-Grad is coming up. Seniors, please begin forming your academic resume now, so you can be eligible for Assist-a-Grad!

We hope to see you at our meetings!