Can sharing everything be too much?

Sibling spotlight – Anthony & Thomas Burton

These brothers have looked out for each other their entire lives.

With the new hybrid schedule in place, twin brothers Anthony (Tony) and Thomas (Tommy) will finally be able to walk around and explore Armijo together. But that’s not the only positive aspect of sharing the campus together for the first time. “He’ll help me calm down if someone makes me angry,” Tony said about his brother.

Sharing the campus is a new experience for them, but it won’t be the last time they do so. While there’s a lot of good connected with the opportunity, there are still drawbacks. Tommy said that the worst thing about it will be if Tony “distracts me while I’m working on a project.” For Tony, it is more a matter of keeping an eye on Tommy so he doesn’t get bullied. 

Both of these freshmen are glad to be coming on campus. “I haven’t been able to see what Armijo looks like,” Tommy said in an interview in March.

The boys hope to attend the same college, but with different goals. Tommy wants to get a job working in an arcade while Tony wants to produce YouTube videos.

The boys have a lot of interests in common and while they both like YouTube videos, Some of Tommy’s favorite activities are playing the Need for Speed game series and participating in the Call of Duty Club, while Tony said he prefers “going places like Scandia and Waterworld.” He also likes to play with his dog and ride his bike and is active in the Spartan Club.

The brothers are not the only siblings in the family. There are also three other boys: Dijon, Demosha and Reshaun. Naturally, though, being twins, they are very close and are likely to know what the other is thinking. So what did Tommy think Tony would say about him? “He’s going to say that I’m the main one complaining about the game,” he said. “He’s going to say that because he knows that I can do better than that.

Tony believed that Tommy would say he was proud of him if “I get the gold YouTube play button.”