Brothers share an online adventure

Sibling spotlight – Rogelio and Angel Sandoval Alejandre

Rogelio and Angel Sandoval Alejandre would have spent this year sharing the Armijo High School campus, but the pandemic prevented that. Rogelio is a senior and will be leaving in June, but Angel, a freshman will be able to have the AHS experience by himself for the next few years.

Angel said that the best part about having a sibling on campus is “casually running into them,” although he hasn’t had that experience at Armijo yet.

For Rogelio, the best part is that “we can sort of watch each other’s back and help each other when we need it,” but the worst part is “if you get in trouble, they’ll be the first ones to know.”

When he graduates, Rogelio plans to attend Solano Community College, but he’s still unsure what he would like to major in. He said that he enjoys listening to music, cleaning, working out, and going on adventures. He also plays basketball and soccer from time to time.

His younger brother is still unsure where he wants to go for college or if he even wants to go. He said that he prefers sports, horror movies, and hip-hop music. For fun, he likes to hang out with his friends and listen to music.

While Rogelio is ready to graduate high school and Angel is just starting, they also have a younger brother who is in first grade and a little sister who just turned one. Angel said that his siblings would probably describe him as “a normal sibling.”

Rogelio thinks his brothers might say, “I’m harsh and annoying sometimes, and they might think I’m always picking at them, which I’ll admit sometimes I do because it’s fun, but not always.” He said that he likes to guide his siblings to doing and thinking better. “Part of that is because I want them to be able to make better decisions than the ones I did when I was their age,” he said.

While they may not share the campus this year, they have shared the experience of distance learning and that is one high school memory that they will be able to share for the rest of their lives.