Freshman class officers are working behind the scenes

Photo by rob walsh on Unsplash

Despite not having normal high school, these freshman class officers are still finding ways to help the school and their peers.

Rianna Garcia

While Leadership continues to develop ideas for activities, one of the ideas that they came up with this spring was to give equal opportunities to all class officers. In other words, rather than choose who would serve for each office during the pandemic, it was decided that the teams could work together without specific titles to find solutions. Instead of president, vice president, secretary and treasurer, the freshman class leadership is made up of class officers, and this is who they are.
Rianna Garcia is one of the more experienced officers this year, having served as a volunteer at a food bank in 2017 and participating in the Walk for Alzheimer’s in 2018. Garcia takes pride in helping others and she has been willing to put other people before herself. As a member of the leadership team, she aims to strengthen relationships between students and staff, and she is working to help provide support for students’ mental health by attacking issues such as homework.

Zahara Qorbanzada

Zahara Qorbanzada is a deeply caring person. She served in leadership in middle school so this is her third year in a leadership role. At Armijo, she hopes to strengthen connections between students. By using platforms such as Instagram or Twitter, Qorbanzada aims to make it easier for students to connect and communicate, a challenge during this difficult school year.

Leslie Silva

Leslie Silva is very passionate about her goals, and that same passion applies to her role as a leadership officer. Although there is potential for students to return to campus soon, Silva hopes to keep the freshmen connected through social media as well as through other means.
Connections to each other would help keep students more engaged with school and activities around it, and she wants to help achieve those beneficial, encouraging relationships.

Prabjot “Tia” Kaur

Prabjot “Tia” Kaur was originally introduced to leadership by her friends. Kaur hopes to bring positive energy to the school during her first year in leadership. This goal is assisted by her positive attitude and outlook on life. She wants to make sure students are heard, and reinforce positive vibes around the whole school.

Rianna Samson (PHOTOGRAPHY BY JORDANA)

Rianna Samson describes herself as a person who puts all her effort into work. While this is her first time as an officer on student council, she remains dedicated to her work and hopes to make sure everyone feels involved at school, which is especially beneficial to newcomers to this school.
These students are learning the ropes for leadership. While some of them are experienced, some of them are just developing their skills. By the end of the year, however, many of them will be ready, eager and willing to move forward as officers for their sophomore class.