Board tentatively sets return-to-campus dates

Image by Wokandapix from Pixabay

Asynchronous time scheduled for live instruction.

On February 11, the FairfieldSuisun Unified School District’s Governing Board elected to return to in-person instruction once Solano County sustains five consecutive days in the Red Tier. Based on the current trajectory of Solano County’s COVID-19 data, we anticipate sustaining five days in the Red Tier by mid-March. 

The return to in-person instruction will be a scaffolded, hybrid model. The following reopening plan will occur once we sustain five consecutive days in the Red Tier.  Our goal is to complete the phase in of our preschool and elementary students prior to spring break.  This is all contingent on when Solano County meets the criteria for the Red Tier and/or any other additional guidelines issued by the state.  We will continue to work with our employee units as we implement the reopening plan.  

A phased in approach will be implemented beginning with preschool and elementary self-contained special education classes.  We will continue a phased approach and potentially have all elementary students return prior to spring break.  Again, this is subject to change based on when Solano County meets the criteria for the Red Tier.  Site leadership will be distributing intent to return to in person letters to our parents by next week.

ANTICIPATED REOPENING FOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS

–Secondary students maintain synchronous distance learning M-F in the AM.

— Secondary cohorts of students attend in-person instruction in the PM

–Anticipated start date for secondary students of April 12, 2021 (following spring break)

Solano Public Health (in collaboration with the Solano County Office of Education) is coordinating a COVID-19 vaccination clinic for all employees. Additional information and an update will be provided as soon as we receive the details.

Our staff has become accustomed to being flexible over the last calendar year. We know that our best laid plans can be turned upside down overnight. We will continue to be as transparent with our communication and plans as possible.

Remember, this week is National Kindness Week.  Practice those random acts.