October PAL Center Calendar

Some highlights for October include: 

• Are You Stronger Than A 5th grader? Join us online for Workout Wednesdays and test your fitness against the standards for a 5th grader.  Learn proper form, explore training methods, nutrition, and more from home.  Dominate the leaderboard through participation and you could win a gift certificate to take your favorite role model to dinner!
  • Solano County Soroptimist’s Girls Circle. Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back.  Come get your tribe Wednesdays at 4pm.  As long as our county stays in the “RED” zone, we anticipate holding this program along with a weekly cardio drumming session – in person!  (Social distancing to maintain COVID compliancy will be required.)
  • Monday Community Circle Talk Show. Pull up a seat at our HOT TOPICS table. Bring your perspective to topics ranging from the day’s news, fashion, relationships, stress management, and more.
  • The Listening Lounge. Your all access VIP PASS to hang out with your friends, catch up, answer classic music trivia, and stream music together.
  • Casino Nights! Here’s the deal –sometimes you just need to hang out with your friends and have fun. Ante up to PAL Poker Nights and do that—while winning prizes!
  • PAL Works! Career Café. Get your fresh blend of marketable skills, earn a $1,200 scholarship, and get a jump start on your career path in only 80 hours!
  • Win the College Game with the Fairfield Suisun Rotary’s Ready to Succeed Workshops. Learn how to play and win the college game and prepare for LIFE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL! Thursdays at 4pm.
  • Cooking with Cans. Learn quick and easy dishes you can make at home –using items available for FREE at our student food pantry.
  • Join the PAL Student Council and participate in leadership training, develop your community organizing skills, and determine the direction of PAL programs. LEAD now.  LEARN how.
  • And, you might want to check under your bed and in your closet before you log on to our Virtual CAMPFIRE night. Join us for scary stories, a s’more making contest, trivia and a FEAR FACTOR Would You Rather roundtable challenge.   This activity will require advanced registration to get your S’more Kit.

Find out why AMONG US is so popular, win some prizes at our Tuesday night Bingo party, and more this month with PAL!

PAL programs are open to Fairfield, Suisun, and Travis teens ages 13-18 who are enrolled in school.  Membership are free, but do require an application.  For more information or to get an application, please email us at [email protected] or call 422 6288.

Thank you very much!  If you have any suggestions or questions for us, please don’t hesitate to let us know.  While supplies last, the Food Pantry is also still offering school supplies.  Any local student, ages 18 and under, can call 422 6288 and make an appointment to pick up a box of FREE items to take home.