This club will lock doors to your future.

Key Club members show unity in their service for others.

Key Club is a club about Service and Leadership. This club gives students a chance to become active members in the community.

Members of Key Club organize and participate in volunteer events and fundraisers throughout the year. The events that they participated in this year included assisting with downtown cleanups, Breakfast with Santa, and campus cleanups. The student volunteers help with school events as well as local community events. Earlier this school year, they hosted a car wash that raised over $500 for the Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Program.

Key Club is a branch of the Kiwanis Club and students can participate in Kiwanis long after they have graduated. The goal of Key Club is to participate in the weekly service events, whether by actively participating in the community or raising money or supplies to help with community-based organizations, like The Matt Garcia Foundation, the Contra Costa and Solano Food Bank, Produce Pipeline, and Girls on the Run Napa/Solano.

When school is in session, the club meets Wednesdays at lunch in G-3 and everyone is welcome. The Key Club advisor is Ms. Megan Hill. The officers include President Victoria Lawson, and Vice Presidents Miyonet Snowden Zerba and Liana Wong. Jennifer Mayo serves as treasurer; Gabriel Perez is the secretary; and Jeanette Rodriguez Flores is the technology editor.

Lawson highly encourages people to consider the club in the fall. “It allows students to join a service leadership club that is active in the community,” she said. Key club allows students to volunteer in and out of school, and it allows students to become a part of a supportive community. It is more than just finding worthwhile things to put on a college resume. Key Club allows participants to make a lasting impact on their community.