Northwestern University: Go Wildcats!

ryan-jacobson-cXUOQWdRV4I-unsplash

Northwestern is a friendly campus far from California.

Northwestern is located in Evanston, Illinois. Tuition for a typical student is just under $25,000 after aid, including grants and scholarships. Without assistance, it is closer to $75,000, and it is not an easy school to get into.

Northwestern’s acceptance rate is 8.5%, only slightly better than Brown University at 8%. The university’s acceptance rate is low considering its national and international prestige.

About 21,000 students attend Northwestern, with a 6:1 student: staff ratio. Some of the more famous alumni include Stephen Colbert, David Schwimmer, and Meghan Markle, formerly known as the Duchess of Sussex. One of The Armijo Signal’s former editors-in-chief, Tiffany Sakato, also graduated from Northwestern.

“Northwestern’s alumni list is truly impressive,” said Colbert. This university has graduated best-selling authors, Olympians, presidential candidates, Grammy winners, Peabody winners, Emmy winners, and that’s just me!”

The mission statement for the school is “Northwestern is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.” What makes this university stand out is international and national prestige.

According to www.Northwestern.edu, “Northwestern is recognized nationally and internationally for its educational programs. 10th education, tenth law school, 19th medical school, 22nd global University, 9th National university, 6th business school, 2nd materials engineering, 6th chemistry, and 7th economics.” This is an impressive list of stats and the world thinks the same.

Students who want to succeed in life and have already made a commitment to do so should check out Northwestern. Taking into account the alumni from the university, knowing they made a career with their degree, it would be encouraging to know that Northwestern students can make it big.