Boys take on the net

Bump, Set, Spike was a three-day boys’ volleyball tournament between the freshmen and sophomores, and the juniors and seniors. The final day was set aside for a match between the winning teams.
It was originally scheduled to start on Wednesday, February 26, but was postponed one week because of construction in the gym. The games were set during lunch starting on Wednesday, March 4.
They had a net set up and loud music playing; it was a very casual environment for the players and their fans. The first day was freshmen against sophomores. “It was entertaining and they played aggressive,” said Amber Byrd. The sophomores came out victorious and advanced to the championship game Friday.
On Day #2, it was juniors against seniors. It was a great turn-out and a close game. Both grades fought hard, but the juniors outscored the Class of 2020 and were put into the line-up to play against the sophomores for the championship game.
When Friday came around, both juniors and sophomores were ready to take the winning title. With the music playing and the crowd chattering, nerves were high for the teams. Marice Austin said, “It was a fun time, I really wish we would do more events like this!”
In the end, the juniors once again outscored their opponents, but it was clear that everyone there had fun, even if they didn’t win or even play.