Sophomore editor reflects on the possibilities

Alina is contributing to The Armijo Signal for the second year in a row.

ID photo

My name is Alina Math and, no, I’m not good at math nor is it my favorite subject.

I am a  sophomore and I write and edit  for our school newspaper, The Armijo Signal. I am responsible for the Classes and Clubs section of the paper.

Writing for the school newspaper is a fun learning experience because I love the actual journalism class and writing for the website. This is my first year in the journalism class, but I’ve been writing for The Armijo Signal since my freshman year.

I enjoy writing for the school newspaper because it makes me feel like I’m leaving something behind once I graduate. I used to just write for the college section of The Armijo Signal, but recently I’ve been branching into other stories such as interviews, off-campus news, and more. Besides journalism, I am part of Armijo’s Girls’ Volleyball team and vice president of Filipino Club located in B-6,

My goal with being a part of journalism is to definitely get more people to read our stories and bring more attention to The Armijo Signal because all of these writers and editors work so hard on these stories and getting the information.

I would suggest joining journalism if you like writing, of course, and if you genuinely want to know about random or not-so-random school news because you see a lot of that in here