What you need to know about Iowa State University

Iowa State University may seem an unusual choice for students in Solano County, but when you want to get away, picking a school that is ranked #2 in Biological / Agricultural Sciences. “We’re grounded in tradition, but intent on innovation, powered by school spirit, yet serious about scholarship—all in an environment that’s casual and comfortable,” the website says. (https://admissions.uiowa.edu/future-students/first-year-students)

The college is located in Iowa City, Iowa, and potential students should have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.63, a mix of A’s and B’s, but mostly A’s.

The average class size is about 40 or more students.

While it ranks high in the biology and agricultural sciences, it also has strong programs in business, management, marketing, and more.

This college also has a mascot which is Herky the Hawk, which goes well with the school colors: gold and cardinal.

For the students that want to go to college to play sports, Iowa offers swimming, basketball, tennis, football, and soccer.

The average tuition for residents is about $8,200 a year for residents, $21,500 for non-residents. It might be worth spending a couple of years at an Iowa Community College first, but for those people who want to start as freshman, dorms can be reserved.

Iowa University has scholarships and financial aid to help potential students with their education investment.