2020 Drive2Life Student PSA Contest offers $1000 prize (entry by 2/4)

Help Promote the Importance of Seat Belt Safety
For Students in Grades 6–12

Students in grades 6–12 can enter the 2020 Drive2Life Contest to help promote the importance of all passengers wearing a seat belt while in a vehicle.

How to Enter

Each participating student must create a storyboard or written script on 8.5 x 11-inch paper for a 30-second public service announcement (PSA) about promoting the importance of all passengers wearing a seat belt while in a vehicle.

One Grand Prize winner will win $1,000 and a trip to NYC to have his or her PSA filmed professionally. Plus, the winner and his or her PSA video will be featured on Teen Kids News! See the Prizes section below for more details.

Click here for complete details on the contest and how to enter:

Contest Deadline

Entries must be postmarked by February 4, 2020, and received by February 11, 2020.

Contest Overview

• Entries must be storyboards or written scripts on 8.5 x 11-inch paper that reflect the PSA topic—promoting the importance of all passengers wearing a seat belt while in a vehicle—and should be 30 seconds in length.
  • Only individual entries will be accepted—no group entries.
  • No videos or disc submissions.
  • Teachers may mail all students’ entries in one envelope for the class—each entry does not need to be in a separate envelope. Teachers may also upload all students’ entries at once via the online portal.
  • Each entry must have a completed and signed contest entry form stapled to it. Download the entry form above. (Note: You may want to print and complete the teacher portion of the entry form before copying it to distribute to students.)
  • Entries with completed entry forms must be mailed to:Drive2Life Contest

Scholastic Inc.

557 Broadway

ATTN: SNP 3rd Fl.

New York, NY 10012

Judging Criteria

Entries will be judged on the following criteria:

1. Originality and creativity [10 points] (Is the PSA unique and creative?)
  2. PSA concept [10 points] (Does the PSA clearly and accurately address the contest topic—to help promote the importance of all passengers wearing a seat belt while in a vehicle? Are the message and concept effective?)
  3. Clarity of message [10 points] (Is the idea communicated clearly? Is the PSA well organized?)
  4. Quality of writing [5 points] (Does the PSA reflect proper spelling and grammar?)

Prizes

Student Prizes

The Grand Prize winner receives $1,000 and a trip to New York City, where a professional film crew will transform the student’s entry into a 30-second video! The winner and PSA video will be featured on Teen Kids News.

Four runners-up (two from grades 6–8 and two from grades 9–12) will receive $500 each.

Teacher Prizes

The teacher of each student winner will receive a classroom subscription to a relevant Scholastic magazine (30 student editions and one teacher’s guide) for the 2020–2021 school year. And a $100 Visa gift card.

See Official Rules for details.

Winners’ List

For a list of winners (available after April 1, 2020), please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line, “Drive2Life 2020 Contest Winners’ List.”

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. The Drive2Life Contest (“Contest”) is open to students who are currently enrolled in grades 6–12 in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who are residents of the United States, and who attend a public school, accredited private school, or home school in compliance with the laws of its state. To enter the Contest, each student must create a storyboard or written script on 8.5 x 11-inch paper for a 30-second public service announcement (“PSA”) to help promote the importance of all passengers wearing a seat belt while in a vehicle. One entry per person. One Grand Prize student winner will receive $1,000 plus a trip to New York City, where an Emmy Award–winning producer will transform his/her entry into a 30-second video (ARV: $2,455). Four Runner-up student winners (two from grades 6–8 and two from grades 9–12) will receive $500 each. (Total ARV of student prizes: $5,455.) Teachers of the winning students will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card (ARV: $100), and Scholastic magazine subscription (ARV of each subscription: $254.70–$299.70). Entry Period: 12:01 a.m. October 29, 2019 to February 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Mail entries must be postmarked by February 4, 2020, and received by February 11, 2020. See complete Official Rules at scholastic.com/drive2life/rules.