It’s the girls term to benefit from Coach Johnson’s expertise

Like+any+basketball+coach%2C+Coach+Johnsons+primary+goal+is+training+the+girls+to+score+points.+

Photo by Stephen Baker on Unsplash

Like any basketball coach, Coach Johnson’s primary goal is training the girls to score points.

This year is the first year that Coach Brian Johnson has been in charge of coaching the Girls’ Basketball team, but he comes with experience. Over the past six years, he has coached many sports in the past, and almost always they have been for boys’ teams.
He was a football coach at Fairfield High School for three years and is currently the Defensive Line Coach at Armijo during football season. Coach Johnson said that he got into coaching so that he could leave a positive influence on the lives of his players. “I want them to know that someone believes in them and I also change the culture at Armijo, to get the girls to play basketball and to want to win,” he said.
Although he first played the sport when he was eight years old, he didn’t play on a team until he was a freshman in high school. After he got injured, he never returned as a player. Still, he was passionate about the game and wants to pass on that passion to the girls he coaches. If it wasn’t fun and if he wasn’t reaching student athletes the way he wants to, he would probably stop coaching altogether. He loves watching his team members learn and grow. When he’s not being “Coach Johnson,” he likes to spend time with his family.