Learn to play and enjoy the music

Facebook

Gordon’s is one of the places that students can learn to play an instrument.

Learning how to play music can be a fun and rewarding process. It may be hard at first, but with guidance and practice, a person can become a natural in no time. There are many open music shops that provide affordable and fun lessons for a variety of instruments.

Gordon’s Music and Sound Shop in Fairfield is just around the corner from Armijo and offers 30-minute one-on-one lessons for a variety of instruments. At Gordon’s, students can pick the instrument they want to learn, an experienced teacher, and the date of appointment. Potential musicians can go on the Gordon’s Music and Sound website (gordonsmusicandsound.com) to access more information. Lessons start at $25 for 30 minutes. This is a good option for Armijo students since it is so close by and offers a variety of lessons. “I ́d probably take guitar lessons, so I could continue to improve,” said Cristal Mejia.

Consumer Music in Vallejo is all about helping kids develop new skills through music. They offer group and individual lessons for different instruments. They also special events like open mic night and jam sessions. These events create an opening and comfortable learning environment. Books and materials are not provided for lessons and students are expected to be on time. Lessons come to $155 per month. To find more information visit their website.

“There are so many things with music, like you could play it, listen to it, and make it,” said Jaime Silva. “When playing music you feel a sort of Zen feeling when you forget everything around you because you’re listening to the beauty of the song  being played by your own instrument and you.”