Prepare for Homecoming on October 11

+++++Come+and+support+everyone+on+the+field%21

Photo by Jude Beck on Unsplash

Come and support everyone on the field!

The week leading up to the Homecoming game on Friday, October 11 will be very exciting, but the evening of the game will be worth the wait.

The junior varsity (JV) team will play against Will C. Wood at 5:30 pm. Following that game, the classes will present their Homecoming skits. Since the theme of the week will be based on Dreamworks movies, each class will have an assigned movie to create the class skit. Dreamworks movies range from Shrek to How to Train Your Dragon to Kung Fu Panda.

The Varsity game is scheduled to start at around 7:30 pm, following the skits.

During halftime, the Homecoming Court will be announced. That will include students from each class serving as prince and princess for each grade as well as two seniors, one serving as the Homecoming Queen and another as the Homecoming King.

Dress-up days will focus on the Dreamworks movie theme and be announced early in October. The week’s festivities will also include lunch-time events.

An ID will be required to purchase a ticket for the Homecoming game, which will cost $5. Students visiting the game from Will C. Wood or other high schools must sit on the visitors’ side of the stadium for the game.

On Saturday, October 12, there will be a Homecoming Dance. All students are welcome to attend. Students from schools outside of Armijo can attend the dance as guests of Armijo students, but they have to fill out a form signed by the principal of their school and get a form signed from Ms. Sheila Smith, Armijo principal. Advanced tickets for the dance are $10, with the cost increasing to $15 per person at the door.