Cheer is life

Camille couldnt imagine life without cheer.

ID Photo

Camille couldn’t imagine life without cheer.

Being one of main girls to lead the Varsity cheerleading squad comes naturally to Camille Dolcee. “Growing up I was always a competitive cheerleader and I didn’t stop competing until I was on the cheer team at Armijo,” she said. “An advantage is being able to lead the routine and conditioning along with my other captain TiAnna Taylor.”

Dolcee has been cheering actively for most of her life, either for All-Star teams or for school. She would encourage others to get involved in the sport, too. “Being on the cheer team was one of the best decisions I made in high school. It brings you out of

your shell and introduces you to new people, all at the same time. If you are thinking about trying out, I would definitely recommend that you did,” she said.

Her favorite game to cheer at was when Armijo played against Rodriguez in her freshman year. “It was my very first BIG high school rival game. It will be a memory I will never forget,” she said.

While cheer is an important part of her life, Dolcee has also found other things to participate in. She was on the track team, although she took her junior year off. She is also co-president of the Black Student Union at Armijo and a BOOST member at HAAS UC Berkeley. When she has free time, she enjoys reading.

After graduating in June, Dolcee plans to one of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU), possibly Howard University. She would like to continue cheering at the college level.