June 2 Provides Early Honors for Those Interested in Alpha Kappa Alpha TAU

Photo by Shopify Partners from Burst

With an eye to the future, students can celebrate with AKA TAU Chapter on June 2.

Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) Tau Upsilon Omega (TAU) chapter feels the baccalaureate ceremony is a student rite of passage where graduates are able to reflect on their personal accomplishments as they transition into adulthood.

We would like to welcome students to participate in the baccalaureate and invite their parents, or family members to observe and share in their achievement. The ceremony will take place at the St. Stephen CME Church in Fairfield located at 2301 Union Avenue Fairfield. We would like graduates to wear their cap and gown for the ceremony. The ceremony starts at 2:30 P.M. A brief reception will follow the ceremony. There is no cost involved.

The ceremony will be the members of Tau Upsilon Omega Chapter’s 27th Baccalaureate Graduation. The graduation ceremony is open to graduating seniors who are interested in celebrating their educational accolades as they transition into the adult world. There will be Praise, Entertainment, Scholarship presentations and our featured speaker is a local community success story, Tamara Rasberry, Assistant Deputy of California.

TUO chapter started with 21 college trained members with a commitment to servant leadership which has now doubled. Our mission is to cultivate and encourage high scholastic and ethical standards, empower young women and strengthen the family in Upper Solano County. As a non-profit community service organization, Tau Upsilon Omega Chapter furthers our mission through many community service programs; Alzheimer Disease, Stroke and Mental Illness, Annual Baccalaureate Ceremony, ASCEND Mentoring and Tutorial Programs, Community Scholarship Awards, Environmental Ownership, Family Strengthening, Student Backpacks, and Voters Education Forum. The Chapter also volunteers with Solano County Food Bank, Vacaville Boys and Girls Clubs, Opportunity House, Heart 2 Heart, and participates in the following community events: Remodel Mission Solano Matt Garcia Home for Women and Children Livingroom. Fairfield Suisun Unified School District, FSUSD, Back to School Resource Fair, Solano Community Partners Network, U-Can College Fair, North Bay Stand Down and Winter Wraps Drive.

We look forward to greet and present Solano’s future graduates on Sunday June 2nd at 2:30 P.M. in Fairfield.

Students can obtain registration forms for the ceremony at the church the day of the ceremony, or by going to the AKA website and check under baccalaureate.  The website address is:  http://www.akatuo.com

This graduation ceremony is open to all students and we would like the students to wear their graduation cap and gown or Sunday best church attire.