Block Scheduling to Begin in April

During the month of April, 11th and 12th graders across Armijo will be taking the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) test. The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) testing includes California Alternate Assessments for English language arts, mathematics, and science, California Science Tests, and the California Spanish Assessment.

Seniors at Armijo will be required to take the California Science Test, abbreviated to CAST. According to www.caaspp.org, “Administration of the CAST field test is estimated to take approximately two hours. Note that the CAST is an untimed test, but almost all students should complete it within one to four hours.”

Furthermore, “The CAAs for ELA and mathematics in grades three through eight and grade eleven are individually administered to students who have an individualized education program that indicates the use of an alternate assessment on statewide assessments. All eligible students are required to participate in these online assessments.”

Testing will take place during English, History, Government, and Economics periods. Classroom makeups will take place from April 25th to April 26th. Starting April 15 and continuing through April, Armijo High School will offer “2nd Chance Breakfast” as well as a few snacks during the extended passing period after the first block class on block schedule days, according to Assistant Principal Chris Hill. “Food services will be providing the meals/snacks. Students can purchase them just like they do during lunch or breakfast,” he said.