Cruzen Creates New Opportunities [Senior Class Secretary]

Nalani Cruzen isn’t one to sit on the sidelines when it comes to making her voice heard. “I wanted to use my opinion and voice to do good,” she said. As Senior Class Secretary, she is able to do just that. “I deal with signing off on paperwork as well as passing all the money for the Senior Class.” While she’d love to continue participating in student government in college, she doesn’t know if it will be possible. “I plan to… major in the medical field to either become a nurse or in dentistry to become a dentist,” she said. “My major requires a lot of dedication so I’ll be dedicated to that.”

Cruzen understands about dedication and would encourage others to join Leadership and be part of student government. “It’s the best decision I’ve ever made. You make lifelong friends as well as you have a voice,” she said. She would also encourage students to let go of the negativity so common in high school and see them participate in more activities.

“Besides leadership, I have a job outside of school,” Cruzen said. Her hobbies include baking and cooking.

Cruzen is the oldest of four children. “I have two sisters: Naleah, who is 8, and Naya is 4… I have a baby brother who is 8 months old.” She said that her parents are her role models “because they made a life for themselves.” Now she is working to make a life for herself as she prepares for high school graduation in a couple of months.