Senior Sets Goals for the Future

Joel Bejarano Alanis

Jessalyn has her eyes on the finish line, with only a couple of months to go!

Jessalyn Xiong didn’t start her high school career as an Armijo Indian, but she came pretty close. “I’ve been going to Armijo since the beginning of my freshman year,” she said.

It didn’t take her long to get involved with campus activities, though. She took part in Multimedia — writing scripts and making the broadcast — during her freshman and sophomore years. If she had the chance to share advice with others currently in those years, she said that she would encourage them to befriend juniors and seniors. “They seem to be more collected and mature,” Xiong said.

Her favorite memories include making the broadcasts for everyone to view, “just trying to spread kindness and formal updates of school.” Her favorite things to do outside of school include drawing, creating 3D animations, ice skating and hiking whenever possible.

Xiong plans to go to Napa College after she graduates in June and eventually wants to transfer to Idaho University to study either biology or zoology. She is the oldest of three children in her family, with a younger sister, Nina, who is almost 17 and a younger brother, Jerry Jr., who is 8.