Community News: Fairfield PAL, Solano First Credit Union honor Armijo student

Taylor Newton

Knowah lives and wears his mantra: Set Goals, Reach, Repeat.

FAIRFIELD — Fairfield Police Activities League member Knowah English has been selected as the Solano First Federal Credit Union Student of the Month for January

The PAL student council and staff unanimously selected English.

English, a 17-year-old student at Armijo High School, is recognized at PAL for his positive attitude. No matter what else is happening around him, English is a joy. Since coming to the PAL Center, English has worked hard to participate and engage in new experiences. This has not always been easy for him, but he always makes the effort.

English is an expert on the local bus system and often helps PAL members and their families understand our local public transportation system. If someone is not sure what bus to take, you can always call on English to help someone successfully navigate the system, no matter what else he was doing.

His dream after finishing high school is to be a local bus operator. His favorite thing to do at the PAL Center is work on the computers and he is looking forward to turning 18 in May.

English is friendly to everyone, at all times. He always greets people when he walks in a room. He is kind to everyone, and makes a habit of checking in on anyone he thinks might be having a rough time.

The Fairfield PAL program offers teens a place to grow, learn and build the skills they need today and in the future. The PAL Center offers teens a safe environment, supports working families and helps students achieve by giving them opportunities right now.

The Fairfield PAL Program is open to Fairfield, Suisun City and TravisAir Force Base students ages 13 to 18 who are enrolled in school. Memberships are $10 per year and can be purchased from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at the Fairfield Community Center, 1000 Kentucky St. A current student ID is required to register.

For more information about PAL activities, call 422-6288, visit the program’s website at www.fairfieldpalcenter.com or follow the organization by visiting the program’s Facebook page at @Fairfieldpal1, on Twitter at @pal_fairfield or on Instagram at ff_pal_center.

For more information about Solano First Federal Credit, visit www.solanofirst.com.