Athlete Focus – Memories on the Soccer Field

“Competitive soccer is more than just a sport, it’s a way of life for some people. It’s not something you can go half-heartedly into. But if you’re willing to put in the work, you can have the time of your life and you might even gain a new family along the way, said Allana Finley, who has been the captain for Armijo’s varsity team for the past two years as well as Davis’s #1 via soccer team in the region. “I only have time to play soccer since I practice five days a week and play the other two,” she said, explaining why she is not involved in other sports at all. She started on the varsity team as a freshman and has been playing at that level throughout her high school career.

While soccer keeps her busy, however, she does find time for some of her other interests. She also enjoys reading and running. “I’m not enrolled in leadership but I often participate in their community service events,” she said. “I can’t believe my four years of soccer – and school – with Armijo High School is almost done,” Finley said. “Thank you to all the teachers and students who made my four years that much more enjoyable.”

If she could have changed anything at Armijo? “I would change the way some students treat one another. I would want to make people more kind and accepting of things that are different than themselves.”

Finley plans to go to Solano Community College in the fall and then transfer to San Diego State as she pursues a career in medicine. Her ultimate goal is to become a doctor.