Armijo offers courses for summer

Students who have fallen behind in credits can catch up for one class (five credits) by passing the appropriate Summer School class. PE and select Science, and English Language Development (ELD) classes will be offered at Armijo, but students who want to catch up on units for English, World and US History, Econ, Government, Physical and Life Sciences can come to any of the three high schools to use the PLATO computer system. The registration deadline was Friday, April 21.

For students in the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District (FSUSD), Summer School starts Wednesday, June 7 and ends Tuesday, June 27. Classes run from 8:15 to 12:30. These are only open to students who need to make up credits, and there is not credit advancement.

There is a strict attendance policy for FSUSD classes. A student will not receive credit if he/she misses more than four hours during the summer school session at Fairfield High School. Four tardies of less than ten minutes are considered one hour; tardies of ten minutes or more are regarded as one hour each. Also, parents are responsible for transportation to summer school.  

Misbehavior can also keep students from the opportunity of earning their credits. The first time a student violates the rules, he or she will get an office referral and a parent contact. The second time, the student will be dropped from the Summer School program. Also, the program is a closed campus and students may not leave until the end of the school day.   

For more information about this opportunity and the expectations, students can talk to their counselors.

Another way to take advantage of summer learning is to take classes at Solano College. While the classes are limited, there are opportunities for students to catch up on missing credits or to get ahead with the goal of graduating early from high school. For more information, go to http://www.solano.edu/.