FAQs and answers about Graduation

From dorms to diplomas, celebrating the college life.

Friday June 9, 2017, 6 pm
There will be a detailed information sheet sent out to 12th grade students. The informational sheet will cover everything from practice times (tentatively June 7 and 8) to proper attire for the students. This document will provide families with information that they can access until the final document is sent out.
Below are frequently asked questions and responses. We will update this as we get nearer to graduation and have some dates finalized. The contact person on campus regarding graduation will be: Principal’s Secretary, Kathryn Price [email protected] or 707-438-3366.

How do students pick up their tickets?
Tickets are distributed after the last graduation practice. Students will need to show their student ID card to pick up their tickets.

How many tickets will each graduate receive?
Each graduate will receive four tickets. After we know the final number of graduates this number
will be finalized.
How do I get extra tickets for the ceremony?
Each year a list is kept by the Principal’s Secretary. She will notify parents if any extra tickets
are made available.

Is graduation practice mandatory?
We pride ourselves on running a very organized and timely graduation. We normally have about
500 graduates and need students at practice so we can be sure they understand what to do
and when to do it. Yes, attending graduation practice is mandatory. Contact John Lammon with
questions or concerns about practice. (707-438-3366, [email protected])

How can we purchase graduation announcements and other senior items?
Armijo HS uses Jostens to provide all the items that pertain to graduation including caps and
gowns, announcements and other items.  You may order from their website at www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1004012/Armijo-High-School/. Should students not be able to purchase or do not want to purchase the cap and gown they may be rented for the day (More information to follow on this).  Please email Daniel Grobek at [email protected] if you have any questions.

How do students become speakers at graduation?
Student speakers at graduation will be the valedictorian or valedictorians.

When is the Senior Awards Ceremony?
The date for the awards ceremony has not been set at this time. More information to follow.

Where is the graduation held?
Brownlee Field (Armijo Football Field) on campus.

Where can we park?
Parking will be on all campus lots and streets surrounding the school.

Is parking available for persons with disabilities?
Seniors and families will be asked to notify us if they have anyone attending that needs parking
due to a disability. We will provide more information on where parking will be and how to access
it. We will have a golf cart or two to transport spectators who need it.

How will AHS staff determine where we should sit?
Once we know who the graduates are, seating arrangements are put in place. At
practice your student will find out the best side of the football stadium to sit on. We advise
students to have their parents sit on the side of the stadium that they will exit on after receiving
their diploma. This will provide the best visual opportunity for the family and friends.

How do we know what the school allows in regards to decorating caps and wearing items
around their necks?
The letter that Mr. Lammon sends home in late April or early May will outline all of these details.

How and where do we pick up the actual diploma?
Diplomas can be picked up either right after the ceremony in the annex quad (details will be in
letter home) or at school the following week in the main office. Students will need their ID to pick
up the diploma.

What time can we arrive to get seating for graduation?
Graduation begins promptly at 6pm. We generally open the doors at 4:30 pm. We will be selling
water to help keep folks hydrated. No outside food or drinks will be allowed.

How early should graduates arrive for the ceremony?
We suggest that students arrive 30 minutes before so they can get lined up and we can begin
on time.

Are balloons and noisemakers allowed in the stadium for graduation?
No noise making devices will be allowed in the ceremony. We want every guest to be able to
hear what is occurring during the ceremony. Room C-8 will be available to check in balloons,
baby strollers, etc…. After the ceremony you can pick any items from room C-8.

Where can we meet our graduate after the ceremony?
Graduates will exit the ceremony and meet families behind A, B, C and D wings. This area is
generally referred to as the Fire Road.