Prom focus: Plan ahead!

Prom is almost here and dresses are flying off the racks. With the big event coming up on Saturday, April 22, it’s time to get ready for getting ready. This magical night will take place in the Regency Grand Ballroom in San Francisco. Dance permission forms for Armijo students and for students off-campus are available in AG-5. Guests must be students in high school and no freshmen will be permitted. Tickets are currently $95 and will go up to $105 in April.

Many students will arrange to have pictures taken before leaving for the big event and even more will schedule a time to grab a bite to eat, showing off their once-in-a-lifetime wardrobe either locally or near the venue itself.

Guys should be checking out the tuxedos and making appointments for getting their rented suits tailored to fit their frame. That means that they need to know what color their dates are wearing and what colors coordinate for vests, bowties, cummerbunds and other accents. Many tuxedo rental places will require at least a month’s warning to get the best look, so this is the time to get organized.

It is also a good time to start pricing flowers to find the perfect varieties at the perfect price and to get transportation lined up with friends and the companies that provide it.

Prom is early this year, but it is still important to get appointments for hair and nails before the best salons are all booked up, especially since Fairfield High School is having their prom on the same day. Some shops offer prom discounts or have stylists who give special prices for appointments on the day of event. There are several locations around the Fairfield and Suisun area that can provide the services prom-goers need, but appointments are highly recommended and, with fewer than six weeks before the event, time is of the essence.

Don’t forget to be putting aside a little money over the next several weeks to help pay for these extra expenses. Dresses, tuxedos, prom bids and transportation costs may cause the biggest dents in the wallets, but planning ahead can save money on some of the smaller details, allowing one to splurge on things like dinner before the big event.